Sunday, April 1, 2012

My tshirt quilt!!

Behold...the T-shirt Quilt!
I googled and YouTubed lots of tutorials so I'm not telling you how I made it...it was by no means professionally done...definite amateur!  But I love it and it holds lots and lots of memories!
Do any of you have the same shirts as me? Or recognize any shirt...they all have personal meaning but that would take forever to tell you each one.  Come visit me in ND and I'll share with you what each one means!
My "Post High School" side of the quilt
Visualize this...it has tshirts on BOTH sides
The "High School" and before HS side.
So I bound it and sewed it all myself.  FIRST sewing project of my life.  It is a very rough and tumble looking quilt (from a sewing perspective)  but I suprisingly like it.  I didn't think I would like the Logos touching my legs when I put the blanket over me, but it kind of gives you that "Cool" feeling of the blanket that you want when you are getting too hot under the blanket, yet you still want a blanket on you?  Does anyone get what I'm saying.  Anywho...it's done and I am pleased!


4 comments:

  1. Alexis! I love it! I have started a T-shirt quilt 2 years ago and have not finised it quite yet, I went on to other projects. But here is a link to the front of it...the back is going to be all of my EFY counselor shirts...crazy I know! But, you did a great job...and know that my tshirt quilt was my very first quilting experience too and now I AM addicted to quilting...believe me quilting with normal fabric is way easier!!! =) http://margieandandrew.blogspot.com/2010/01/let-quilting-begin-by-margie-walker.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blanket! That is great that you sewed it all! That is such a fun idea to use t-shirts. I totally get the cold blanket thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the diabetes ones! Ha! Good job, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it Ann...I think there are 8. I have so many from those walks! Good good memories there! Love you guys!

      Delete