Can I just say how much I love watching my husband build? I don't believe I had that on my "list of qualities a husband must have" but Geez, I lucked out, because he's GOT it!
Okay, I'll stop being mushy.
We decided we needed to make our 2 bedroom 1 bath house a 3 bedroom 2 bath house.
And so we did....all by ourselves. Well, that backhoe you see in the first picture is a guy from our ward digging the hole....My sweetie certainly did NOT dig that hole, shovel style. Though, I suggested it when the backhoe decided to break, but the guy brought it out anyway (if you can see, the backhoe has NO back tires, the guy dug it by pulling himself forward with the bucket and re-positioning the arms. Crazy!)
The hubs doing the foundation. Yeah, 4 foot walls here in ND, lots more concrete and headaches, but we endured and got-er-done!
Now this is where it gets good! Who loves the smell of fresh cut wood?!?! Oh I love that construction wood smell. Seriously, I think I liked it before, but now that I'm prego, it's even better. I could just go to Home Depot and sit a lawn chair in the lumber aisle and be totally satisfied!
This was all in a days work for this man! What a stud! SO glad he loves doing this stuff because when he sets to it, it gets done! WOo WOo
The back view of the addition. NO, it is not the size of the existing house, though it looks to be that way! It will be a nice 375 sq ft addition (Master bedroom that is good size, a bathroom and walk in closet!)
{I suppose I will show you a picture of our other addition}
| (the Twins starting to poke out of momma's belly) |
Now, I honestly hesitated doing this because of the nature of infertility. I feel like I was a cheerleader for women with infertility as I went through the heart breaking process and now that I have become pregnant, I feel like I got cut from the team. I don't know how to explain it, it is a bitter-sweet feeling. I remember desiring to be pregnant SO bad and how horrible I felt when I saw friends posting pictures like these or the progress of their baby. Don't get me wrong, I was excited for them, but it broke my heart as I ached for my own turn. I don't do this because I can now, but because of the hope and the blessing that it IS possible. That it CAN happen and does! Please have faith and know you are still in my prayers.
To those many friends of mine who are struggling with infertility, my heart still aches for the pains it causes and my only wish is that SOON and extremely SOOONER then later, you will all be in the same predicament as I. I love and appreciate the support I have received from so many and honestly I am so grateful for the continued support. But please don't cut me from the team, I'm still your cheerleader! I still have been there, and honestly I'm not out of the boat yet. As much as I want to just feel like all is smooth sailing from here, there are still many many fears I have considering that my body wasn't right before. I fear it will still act up. I try very hard not to think that way. I even tell my husband sometimes that I think I'm not really pregnant, but who am I kidding, I throw up, I feel nauseous, I have heart burn and the infamous baby bump. I guess it's real. But infertility sucks that excitement out and you shake your head at the reality of a pregnancy. I do feel good and I do have faith. I am so excited and eager and hopeful now. Your prayers are felt. I am at 17 weeks and praying for things to keep going well.
Loves to all!
And HAPPY FALL (loving the weather!)
And HAPPY FALL (loving the weather!)
I love your baby bump! You're so adorable. Your addition looks so fun too!
ReplyDeleteYou make me laugh that you would be willing and happy to sit a lawn chair in the middle of the lumber isle at Home Depot. Haha! I'm totally impressed your hubby has the skills to use tools not just own them. I love my dear husband but I don't think he really knows the difference between a hand saw and a table saw. Well, maybe he does, but I swear I use tools more than he does and that's not very often. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished look of the house. And for those of us the with fertility issues... we are all cheering you on in your pregnancy! It's so different when we know you have struggled yourself and that you are excited. It's hard when you hear of a girl who didn't want another baby and isn't excited about her surprise. Please don't ever feel bad about posting pictures of your cute baby bump! We sure love you and are so excited for your family.
ReplyDelete