GIRLS!!
Two pink bows = Two precious girls!
If you are shocked, then join the club. I was 100% shocked! I thought maybe, MAYBE, one girl at most but never dreamed (literally) or thought both babies would be girls! The ultrasound tech checked many times, they are girls. And they have all their "2000 parts", what amazing technology we have. I saw their blood pumping in and out of their heart through infrared technology. I saw their spines and ribs and 4 chambers of their hearts. I got to see their legs and arms and even the parts of their brains! They are just perfect! I couldn't be more relieved and more blessed to know what an amazing miracle these little girls are, especially considering the extreme efforts it took to get them here!
This here is Baby A (notice closely, she has the Burns Family "Pointy" Chin! Lovingly inherited from Grandpa Todd and Aunt Jazz). These pics make them look like clay people, but I assure you, Baby A has a nose and is so sweet and content even when her sister is kicking her and sticking her bum in her face (which she did during the ultrasound). Baby A is 9 ounces.
Baby B is trying to hide her face, I think she knows she is in trouble for sticking her bottom in her sister's face. Even her little mouth expression looks like she knows she is guilty. haha. Perhaps Little Miss Baby B wanted to be Baby A! Baby A was located below the belly button and Baby B is above, so I think B wants to push A out of the way and be born first. Gotta love that they are already acting like sisters!! Baby B is 10 ounces (1 oz bigger and showin us who's boss).
So there you have it! A house full of 4 women and one man! And let me tell you, that man isn't the least bit worried! Although he may or may not have taken up drinking Mt. Dew again! (perhaps to secretly cope with having 3 daughters!!!). He already informed me today the vehicle he wants his daughters to drive in high school. He can't wait to get it and fix it up nice for the girls. He has 5 years until Autumn is driving and then 15 until the twins. He's a good daddy! A total pushover though, he loves his girls and let me tell you 3 daddy's girls is what we will have!!
But I will give him his yearly hunting/4 wheeling trip to keep him sane!
We are so so so excited. I am a little nervous to have a bunch of girls, only because I am one and I know how emotional I can get, let alone 4 of us!! I restricted myself to not buying anything until after Christmas. We'll see how well I can hold out! I ADORE little girl stuff though! Yikes!!! Wish me luck!


i am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteLet's try this again.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Don't be worried about having 4 girls versus 1 guy... it's awesome!!! I love having all girls and my hubby will tell anyone that's all I want. Secretly, or not so secretly now, I do. It would be fun to see my hubby finally get his boy, but I would be so content to have just girls. And the hubs LOVES his little girls... even when he asks if they would like to take up a sport like soccer and their response is, "Why?" in utter disgust.
And I love the baby girl stuff, too. Even though we aren't expecting any in the near future I still oooh and awe over those frilly little dresses. So, with that being said, you tell me where to ship those fun little girl things and I will be happy to oblige. :)
Congratulations Lex! You are going to be a wonderful mom to your twins (and already to Autumn) and I'm soooo happy for you!!
ReplyDelete