Friday, June 6, 2014

May and June alas!! (Wrote in June, Posted in August. Oopsy)

{So this post was written in June and well, my computer/phone were so annoying that it never got posted.  I'm sitting at Jiffy Lube getting my oil changed using their free WiFi to post my August Post and found this one. [Sidenote: The fact that we don't have WiFI is because I'm sick of paying an arm and a leg for it when we ALWAYS use our phones. So we went internetless at home.  Yikes. ]  So I will just post it for the "what we did in May and Jun"e update.  The pictures didn't transfer and it made me so mad that I gave up on it.  So This post has no pics.  Sorry. }

So it's officially summer! Let the yard work and outdoor activities begin! My girls are loving being outside and in the dirt/mud/water. We filled up a pool with about 3-4 inches of water. It's actually on a slant so one side is like 1/2 inch and the other side is like 4 inches. They love walking around in the water and throwing their toys in to make them splash.
We started running in the mornings. Me, Autumn (sometimes unwilling but still goes) and Paisley & Delaney in the double jogging stroller. So glad I happened upon that stroller on Craigslist. Best 50 dollar find! It is nice because it's not too hot outside and we all like getting out of the house.

We let the girls discover the art of coloring crayons. Delaney ate them mostly but drew a little. Paisley loved drawing. They are still too little to be let loose with crayons so the highchair is their art station.


I got to help throw jazz a baby shower to welcome her sweet baby boy come July 4th. These are unfortunately the only pics I have.  I made this baseball flag for her baby boys Amercian sports themed nursery.  I think it turned out pretty cute. Pretend that tape isn't there holding the last ball in place while the gorilla glue works it's magic  My mom and dad and I made about 250 of the baseball basketball sugar cookies. They were so cute and these two banged up ones don't do them justice  it wasa sports Americana themed shower with concession stands food. It was a lot of fun and had amazing help from her two good friends and two sister in laws. Thank goodness. Hopefully she will feel a bit more prepared  so excited to meet my little nephew in less than a month.

Grandma brought the girls some ice cream from McDonald's. Let's jus say they lovd it. They love when grandma Pam stops by. The other day she stopped by and they just stay screaming and running around like crazy people. It's so cute. They sure love her


We also started this summer calendar thing. We follow these day schedules and it makes our weeks so much more interesting and a lot less boring. It's actually been a lot of fun. Glad I came across this on Pinterest.
   

The girls are 15 1/2 months old. Holy cow they are changing so much. They are little jabber bugs and love to be silly. They love squealing and showing off, dancing, reading books, singing and trying to actually communicate with us. It's pretty funny, you can almost read their little minds when they are doing something. Something that absolutely melts my heart is at the end of the day we say "It's time for prayer" and Delaney comes running and slides onto her knees then starts jabbering like she's saying the prayer. Paisley will squat down and hold her hands together instead of kneel. Then at the end of the prayer a we are saying Amen, Delaney shouts "Maymen!" I need o catch it on video but then again it while we are praying so yeah. She is so funny and picks up on everything. Then after prayer we give hugs and the babies go around the room giving me and wade and autumn hugs. Sometimes we have them give each other hugs but it ends up turning into a bit of a wrestling match. They are both good at kisses too. our little girls are very loving and affectionate and it melts my heart. They are both weighing 20 lbs and are 29 inches tall. We got them new convertible car seats and they like them better. More leg room. Other milestones: paisley learned how to walk in heels. Delaney prefers flats or flip flops. Haha.
For Memorial Day we wet out to th Melba cemetery. I wanted Autumn to visit the family graves where a lot of Wades family is buried. It is a beautiful place and sits a top the hill and has gorgeous views of the owyhee mountains. I think someday that's where Wade and I will be buried. But it was really special to talk about those who have passed and to see the twins walk around and look at the graves too. We then went up to Melba park and had a picnic and it was so nice and peaceful. A great way to begin summer and it made for a great FHe activity.
Well the girls are napping and I've got things to get done. So I best be getting to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment