Sunday, January 1, 2012

Follow the prophet

I think people thought because it was New Year's Day that we didn't have church today...But indeed we did, and all 3 hours, not like last week's 1 hour.  So when I went to teach my YW's combined lesson, there was only 1 girl...then 3 more showed up (Sunday School ran late).  So in honor of the topic being a Challenge from our prophet for the new year, I will share the highlights of his lesson. Plus it is part of my New Year's goals is to follow the direct challenges we receive from church every week/month.
(can be found in January 2012 Ensign, First Presidency Message)
ABC's of an Abundant Life:
A-is for Attitude!
It is important to have a positive attitude and to know that WE can choose how we see things and how we react to them.  It is our choice to have a good attitude or not.  May we choose to have a good attitude about the circumstances in our life. 
Like having a good attitude about living in a very cold, far away land.  I am actually surprised about how well I'm adjusting and feel like I am doing well about having a good attitude about it.  (My family is good about it too).
B- is for Believe in yourself, in others and in eternal principles.
What a beautiful reminder.  We need to have faith in ourselves and believe we can accomplish what we put our minds to.  For me it is about confidence in yourself too.  I feel like that makes a world of difference in a person.
C- is for Courage.
Yes, sometimes it just takes some serious courage to trust in the Lord and in the direction we head.  As President Monson states, "Courage becomes a worthwhile and meaningful virtue when it is regarded not so much as a willingness to die manfully but as a determination to live decently".  I love that!  Courage is in our everday life!

Thank you President Monson for your love and counsel!

1 comment: