Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The fantastic months of June and July

Here you go you blog stalkers you!
Just kidding
(I love posting and then waiting to see who all looks and how many views I have, so maybe I'm the stalker of my stalkers! haha)

This was a photo I took as I had to make an early morning drive, what a pretty sunrise.  I'm jealous my hubby gets to see this every morning, if I could drag my booty out of bed before 7:20am, then perhaps I would see it too, but probalby not.  And I may or may not have taken this while driving. Don't Know. ;)


This is the update on my garden!  I took a risk when I planted it in the only place I could, facing the west  in my backyard next to the garage, so it only gets so much sunlight, but that hasn't stopped my awesome CILANTRO plant from exploding!  It's like 3 feet tall!  Amazing.  I love that herb! And I have one Jalapeno growing!  Woo Woo for me!  I'm leaving for 10 days, so I know when I get back, they will be coming to fruition and ready to pick!  Hooray!
Also got some Roma Tomatoes showing their pretty little bodies!  And my Zuccini and Summer Squash plants have since DOUBLED in size from when I took this picture.  Those things are nutso!
But of course, my grandpa already has picked several HUGE zuccinis, I swear he has more then miracle gro making his plants grow, I don't know how that man does it!  If only....(I guess he IS a farmer).
I only pretend like I did anything on the farm, I know nothing, but water and sun.  That's my knowledge of growing things.  Oh and I weed them occasionally!

Girls camp!  Wow, what a crazy hot week, not mountainous but still girls camp.  These 4 girls are my Young Women, I'm the president of the Young Women organization at church and they are awesome 12 and 13 year olds! We had a blast!
This is my friend from the 1st ward, Candice.  She was 3 weeks shy of GIVING BIRTH while at girls camp!  Seriously she was like a pioneer out on trek and 9 months prego!  She was a trooper and we had lots of fun!  She was my first North Dakota friend!  Good times!

This is my AWESOME counselor and camp director, Nikki! (and Audrey in the background, our other young woman who wasn't in the water).  Nikki rocked at planning girls camp, I love having people I can count on and she is definitely one of them!!

We found Wade's favorite store, it's like Cabela's, but maybe better?  Shhhh, we didn't say that.  We just liked taking pics by the big animals.


We went to Minneapolis in June.  That was fun and the picture overlooking the first floor of the park was the exact moment where Autumn said, "Uh, I changed my mind, I don't want to ride any rides".
I couldn't believe it!!! She had been begging and begging to go to Mall of America and ride the rides.  We got her on a few, I rode most all of them and Wade couldn't ride any because he gets such bad motion sickness on roller coaster rides.  Remind me next time that Amusement Parks are NOT a Hanson Family thing!



Oh yeah, I had a birthday too.  I got some nice gifts and some things I needed (a new pillow and a night stand) and some super cute Maxi Dresses (picked out by my one and only, he's the man!). 
I turned 29.  I like 29, I hope it proves to be a good year!
My little bro comes home from his mission in one week!  WOW can you believe two years can just go by like that!  Super crazy.  He's an amazing young man and I'm thrilled to see him and ALL my siblings! I seriously can't wait!  This is him with Elder Allen who conveniently lives about 5 minutes away from my parents now.  He got home one transfer before Abe, so I'm sure he's excited to see ol' Elder Burns too!

(p.s. Look how Skinny Abe is...better get him to Golden Corral STAT!)
Until I return, hopefully I will get things updated more often!

1 comment:

  1. Lex, I love the update! Looks like you are having such a fun summer! You're so cute and I bet your cute girls are so glad to have you as the YW pres! I am glad you had a fun birthday, you old fart you ;). JK, Love ya!

    ReplyDelete