Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Magic Number 6

So this month marks a couple Number 6 milestones. On August 20th, Autumn became a 6th grader!  She is in middle school!  She goes to the same middle school I went to when I was in 7th and 8th grade.  Crazy.  She has a teacher that my oldest brother had and will have my same PE teacher. I signed up to be a parent volunteer, now that I'm a stay at home mom, I get to do those things.  They haven't called on me to do anything, not sure what parent volunteers do in middle school, but I am sure one of them! It's been one week and she is doing great.  She is growing up so fast too, it's like she went from a kid on Monday night to a teenager on Tuesday afternoon. Something about having a locker and 7 class periods makes you a teenager I think.

Autumn is an awesome big sister to the twins and she loves coming home and getting them all excited and smiling because "Autumn's home!!!"  They get so excited when Autumn and Wade get home.  Their excitement is so contagious.
We are happily busy working here in Idaho.  Happy to be home and close to family.  It's been great.  Wade has been busy building and we are so grateful for that.  We miss him during the days, but somebody's gotta bring home the bacon. I just cook the bacon.  I am trying to keep up with the house and though we only have a little house, it sure gets messy quickly and it explodes with baby stuff daily. But as I'm reminded, dust and dirt will stay and keep nicely, but my babies, the won't.  They grow and change so quickly, so my house remains livable while my babies are young and changing by the hour. Occasionally I clean while they are napping or we power clean once a month when the home teachers come over.  Thank goodness for faithful home teachers, best house cleaning tool I have! I do enjoy cooking and baking and have done a few fun things this summer.  I discovered zucchini bread also can be zucchini donuts.  Yeah, I had some left over batter after I filled two loaves so I poured it into my mini donut pan.  It's great.  It's like the edge of the loaf, how it gets all crispy...well the donut also becomes crispy all over.  Best part of the bread.  Great discovery.
I also made a huge pot of Spaghetti sauce with the bags and bowls of tomatoes that grandpa delivered this summer.  I was pretty excited that I made actual real sauce from actual real tomatoes.  I was more amazed with myself than anyone was with my sauce.  That's okay, it "just taste like spaghetti sauce" like my brother and husband and mom said.  But it's made from REAL deal tomatoes I cooked myself.  Oh well, I felt like a Pioneer woman (which consequently is my favorite cooking show, mostly because they live in the middle of no where on a farm, love it).
The next big SIX is that Delaney and Paisley turned 6 months old this month! These 6 pictures are in the order I took them, it's like they tell a story.
 Delaney is looking and being good, so then I say "Paisley" and Delaney decides to help and get Paisley to look, so she looks away to help all the while Paisley looks AND smiles. So then I whistle and make funny noises and they both look and laugh.
 
Then they are off to distraction again, Paisley distracting Delaney. Paisley yanks her headband off.
Seriously, where did the time go.  They are the most animated and cute girls ever.  They have such fun personalities and these 6 month photos totally show their many different faces.  They never cease to amaze me. I looked at my last post when they were 5 months old and they do so much now that they weren't doing then.  Amazing how quickly they learn.
Found sister's foot, they love their feet and each others.
 
These grass photos are so cute.  I wonder what is going through their minds.  This was their first experience in the grass.
Then I had reinforcements come in: Autumn. The smile maker
Then, they were getting done with the pictures:
Too funny, I can't stop taking pictures of them.  Thank goodness for a digital world!

Some things they do that I never want to forget:
Well they sit up now on their own. 
Delaney sits fine without a pillow behind her. She loves to play with things in front of her.
Paisley is still a little wobbly and we put a bobby pillow around her.
Atleast now when then tip over it is graceful and not a hard crash.
Delaney seems to entertain herself for longer with just toys.
Paisley does okay, but she loves being held and loves kisses on her cheeks. 
They are both pretty happy and smiley babies. 
Delaney will instantly smile, but she will also instantly cry if she is startled or just wakes up and sees someone she doesn't know.
Paisley will stare you down and then warm up to you and give you the sweetest grin.  (She smiles instantly for mom, dad and sis, but anyone else, it takes a little work).
When they lay down, sit up or play facing each other, they steal each other's toys, binkies, wipes, books, whatever they have in their hands.  They often take each other's binkies right out of the other ones mouth.
Delaney gets so excited at the littlest things, just like her momma (says dad).  She screams when daddy gets  home and she gets so excited.
Paisley shows her excitement by sucking in air, sounds like she's choking and you look at her scared and she has the biggest funny grin on her face.  She is hilarious with all the faces she makes.  Uncle Noah can't get enough of her expressions.  They both make awesome faces.
These girls adore their daddy.  Here is Delaney sitting in the car with momma waiting for daddy to come say hi to her at the job site.

They "talk" or babble a lot more.  Sounds like "da", "ba", "pa" and "Ma".  So sweet.  Love it!
Paisley loves rubbing your face or facial hair (on men, ha) and will even put her hand in your mouth.  She has a fascination with the face, it's cute how she concentrates on you and rubs your face.
When Paisley is fussy, you can kiss her face softly and it totally calms her down.  She LOVES kisses. 
Delaney is a little chunkier weighing in at 16 lbs and Paisley is 15 lbs 8 oz.  They are about the same length now. 
They started eating solid foods at about 5 1/2 months old.  A little rice cereal in the bottle at night.  Some sweet potatoes, green beans, peaches, pears, squash and apple juice.  Paisley likes everything.  Delaney is partial to the vegetables not so much the fruit.  She makes a sour face at the fruit. She also hates when her sister gets a bite and she doesn't.  Feeding them at the same time is a little hectic because they get mad when the other one gets a bite and not them.  Too funny.
Delaney still wakes up to eat once or twice at night. Paisley is sleeping through the night!
They do the cutest things!  They are both trying to wave to say "Hi" and are doing a pretty good job.  It's so adorable.
They love being outside, laying or sitting on a blanket or even the grass.  Something about outside just soothes them.
Delaney tries to whistle because Wade is always whistling to her and so she purses her lips and blows and makes a high pitch sound. So stinking cute and smart!
Paisley will blow bubbles a lot and does it when she's goofing around or mad.
They both grab their feet when they are sitting or laying down.  Wade has helped Paisley practice her flexibility and she now can put her big toe in her mouth and suck on it.  Lovely trick.
 
When Paisley gets tired, she rubs her eyes so hard.  I have to hold her hands down or put my hand over her face so she doesn't rub the heck out of her face.  Delaney just stares and won't smile right before she is about to fall asleep.  Cute girls! So different.
They both roll over at night so no more blankets or anything for that matter in their bed.  I got the breathable mesh bumpers to save the binkies and their arms and legs.  I sleep much better not worrying about them suffocating on the bumpers.  But they do sleep face down now, like literally, Delaney will be right face down on her nose, but she's still breathing.  Scares me to death.
Doc says now that they roll over, there is nothing we can do to prevent them from rolling over and sleeping on their face.  Those stinkers.  Just when I thought I'd get a good nights rest, they go and sleep on their faces. 
When I went in to check on them, Paisley was face down (with her head turned though) and her little bum was sticking up in the air.  I LOVE when babies sleep like that.  Looks like crawling is right around the corner since they are on their knees in their sleep, it's just a matter of time before they are cruisin around the house. 
Well, these girls have stolen my heart.  Makes me love their daddy even more, so don't worry, he's still my number one, but gosh, they are such sweet girls.  I'm so grateful for their big sis Autumn, she really is a huge help and I love her to pieces too (even in all her teenage glory).
I am mostly writing this for my record and for a journal so I won't forget what they do and when they do it.  But thanks for reading and enjoying seeing my kids grow as much as I do.  I better go, Delaney is attacking the computer and I just about lost this whole post.  Grabby girl! I just captured these photos today.  Guess they are both grabby girls!

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun that you notice all the little differences between them! You are such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete