Thursday, January 24, 2013

20 Days since my last post

I'm blog brain blocked! (say that 10 times fast).
I can't think of anything to blog about but I feel like I need to! Probably because I'm sick of looking at my last post.  I wish I had better photos or better life stories, seems that all I have anymore is belly pictures and I feel like that's getting boring. 
I am only 27 days or less from bringing TWO baby girls into this world! Can I just say I'm SOOO excited?!?! 
Okay, well I said it. 
I feel like I went from a normal blogger to the one that just blogs about her pregnancy or her kids.  You know those people (I slowly started not reading their blogs or facebooks, forgive me, but I've changed and have repented of my ways).  So I'm trying not to be that person, but by golly, it's the MAIN thing in my life, so why not blog about it?

I could blog about the weather.  We got down to -45 with the wind chill.  That's kinda cool.  According to this weather man, at 5:00 pm Sunday, these were the wind chill temps.  I missed the photo of the -45 at 3:00pm, he was too fast. I love his face "Oooh it's cold"!
Still pretty chilly. I'm not complaining, but that's a pretty cool life experience, not many people can say they have felt cold THAT cold! And yet, it didn't feel THAT cold.  Strange happenings up in here I tell ya.  Acclamation to climate is key!

I could show you all the things we are doing on our house!  That has been pretty significant, but I just don't seem to like any of the pictures I get of the addition and the work Wade has done.  My photos don't do the work justice!
   

 

Wade has done SO good, I just love my new bedroom and bathroom and closet and shower and tub and sink and yeah....I'm so happy!  He has done amazing!

I put up the crib next to my bed (well one of the cribs, the other one will go in the babies' room for when they decide to kick each other awake and I have to seperate them).  I couldn't wait any longer.  I'm so excited and was a tiny bit nervous I would have them early, so I whipped up the crib in no time and put it's cute pink ruffle around the bottom and a cute pink sheet.  That's all it needs, let's be honest.  I'm not paying $150 for a matching ruffle, a quilt they can't even use and a sheet.  Sorry Babies R Us, not going to succomb to your cute stuff when I spent $29 for what's on it now! Take that!  And I didn't even spend it, it was a gift card from my work for keeping on track with my "points" for healthy behaviors online and they give me $250 in gift cards to my store of choice!  It was sweet.

Speaking of the use of those gift cards, I got all this stuff plus a bunch more that came in the mail later that week from Target with my gift cards.
 Last minute random stuff you know.  I'm mostly in love with those little Mary Jane tights!  Are those not the cutest things ever!?!? Built in shoes on the tights so their little shoes don't fall off, so it appears they are already wearing them!! Love it!  As much as I love shoes, I understand the practicality of NOT needing shoes as an infant because they DON'T walk.  But....I still have cute shoes for them anyway.  They will love shoes, just like me and their Aunt Jazz and their Grandma Pam.  It's in their blood.  Sorry girls.

Speaking of FEET.  I hesitate to show this next picture.  For those who are faint of heart and stomach, don't look.  These here are my feet!
 "GOOOooo!!!"
Oh how embarassing.  I joke that they are tree trunks and this particular day, they became redwood tree trunks! (We traveled, walked the mall, and I didn't elevate nor drink enough water) I never had the most skinny feet, I had a mild form of cankles but THESE?!?! These are not mild, nor at they cankles.  It appears my calves have turned into thighs and I have these chubby toes sticking out of them.  I don't know what happened to my knees, calves, ankles or feet for that matter.  So yeah, this is the ugly side of pregnancy.  Thank goodness it isn't summer, I can atleast hide these honkers in my snow boots and under pants.  Unfortunately my giant size 9 snow boots are the only thing that these monsters fit into.  Oh and a pair of size 9 men's slip on shoe things.  Okay, enough about retaining water.  Let's take a peek at a slightly more attractive photo of me (not that I think I'm attractive, but ANYTHING is more attractive than these trunks at this point!)
I'm in my 35th week folks! 
Yikes!  We will be induced on week 38 if they stay in there that long.  That day will be February 20th.  If they come sooner, we are okay, but no sooner than February 13th (In my mind).  I want these babes to fatten up.  They are just 4 and almost 5 pounders.  We are getting there.  Maybe another pound each or more would be okay.  We will know more next week about their weight.  I feel great and don't know how I'm doing it.  My personal size (when they measure my belly) is about 43 weeks big.  That's the size of a 3 WEEK OVERDUE woman!  No wonder I feel like I can't move, roll over and bend, I'm huge!  Luckily the hugeness has only gone to my belly and feet.  But there's no saying it can't spread to everywhere in the next 3 weeks! ha!
Wade is hoping for Valentine's sweeties (secretly it gets him off the hook for Valentine's day if they are born that day because we will have to celebrate their birthdays every year on V-day...hmmmm so we shall see, we might have to make Valentine's day a different day in our house if that's the case! haha)
But really, that would be fun and cute, however we just want Healthy, happy baby girls!  Who cares what  day it is!
Well, there is my post for the day! Hope it was random enough and not too "Baby, Prego" saturated!  I do love my readers and I hope they don't tune me out as a blogger!  If so, I understand!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Lex...you look great! Your new room and bath look great also...well done to your hubby. Stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Lex! Wow, twin girls will be fun. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lex, you look so cute! You are having twins! So excited for you! But, your feet look so painful. Hope you are doing well! You still sounds so hapyp and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete