Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A few reasons why 28 is GREAT!


Yes, that's right, yesterday I turned 28 and let me tell you, it was a great date!  (okay, I won't rhyme the rest of this post)
1. My husband made me Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and got me an oreo ice cream cake Dessert!  What a man! This is what's left of that delicious Oreo Cake!  Yikes, the two of us ate that much???!!! Totally worth it!
2. I got this dress as a present from my hubby...and yes folks, he picked this beauty out!  I was so impressed, I had to wear it to work today....and the ladies were oooing and aaahhhing at work when I got there.  Where did this guy come from? Oh that's right, Kuna, ID. Thanks to him and Autumn for choosing it!

  
3. I got new high heels from my mom in the mail with lovely jewelry, all part of my get up today.  Thanks mom...and the heels were another reason people were ooooing and ahhhing....mostly thinking "oooohhh, how do you walk in those?" and I say, "It's not that bad, for short periods of time" and they say "aaaahhhh, wow!  Those are so cute!  I wish I could wear heels like that and not fall over!"  So thanks mom for helping ooh and aahh the crowds.

4. I got a frying pan, a case for my iphone AND personalized Nikes! My sweet hubby designed them all by himself!  They came in the mail today and he sent me this pic at work!  Can't wait to wear them running tonight!
4. I got told I should run for Mrs. North Dakota! and that was followed with "work it girl" as I walked out the building in my office. Maybe this picture would win me the Mrs. Title! (love this apron, my Best Friend Kasey had one of her kindy's parents make it for me!) and yes, I'm wearing heels.  Totally Mrs. ND worthy!
5. I have a kitchen!!! Completed! (that doesn't so much have to do with being 28, but it was part of the on going birthday gift giving).  Thanks to my hubby again for his handy work and finishing it so I could somewhat have a clean house!  I love the counters!  So nice and updated!
 
6. Lastly, I so much appreciate all the well wishes from friends and family!  Golly, what would I have done without facebook birthday wishes!!  Thanks again and it was a fabulous day!
Speaking of fabulous days....we also got to see some fireworks for the 4th of July weekend in Williston here at the speedway.  But the coolest part wasn't necessarily the fireworks (don't get me wrong, they were pretty cool...definitely no Melba, ID firework show though), but it was the Sky!  What a show.  This photo doesn't do it much justice but wow, it was cool.
 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with killing an Oreo cake. Also, your kitchen is SO CUTE!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heels and the Nikes!!

    ReplyDelete