I duplicated Cafe Rio's pork SUCCESSFULLY!!! In my opinion and according to my taste buds, which are keenly aware of the exact delicious flavors in cafe rio's pork, it was a match! Oh my goodness, it was so good. I made it for the missionaries, who, of course, have had Cafe Rio before. They were thrilled. One's from Vegas and another is from Wyoming, but both know of the famous Cafe Rio! Anyways. I kinda wanted to do the whole shibang....so I made the cilantro lime rice, the black beans, the tortilla strips and of course the cilantro ranch dressing and fresh cilantro on top (I even sprinkled some parmasan cheese on, even though I know it's some other cheese, but I tried)! Next time, I want to make the tortilla's too. But I bought the biggest ones I could find and they worked out alright...with a little heating up in the special tins I bought. Had to go all out!! It was to die for and we had enough to make burritos for the next two days. Which I was OKAY with!!! :)
Here's my lovely presentation: (No, I'm not on the Iron Chef, but presentation is everything!)
If you want the recipes, just give me your email and I'll gladly send them your way!
Bon Appetite!
I want the recipe! here's my email: heidilynn9@gmail.com. Looks yummy :)
ReplyDeleteHeidi
Hi Lex,
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen you in a long time. I'm so glad you found our blog. We would love a copy of the recipe. There is not a single good Mexican restaurant where we are living. nicolettebroderick@gmail.com
I would love the recipe! jessm0688@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteDid you find those in the Annex cookbook???
ReplyDeleteMiss ya!
Lara! Hi!! Actually I got all but the pork from the cookbook. My sister in law sent me the pork one so I tried it. But it's basically the same as the annex ones. Hope you're doing well. Miss ya too!
ReplyDeleteLex! You are so domestic! :) I would love the recipes. Do you still have my email? And...we need to have a catch up date. Love you!
ReplyDeleteLex, I need Cafe Rio and I'm too cheap to make it. :) Do you have my email to send this recipe to me?
ReplyDelete