Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lex's Luscious Kitchen

So I try to make healthy meals especially after birthdays where just the two of us have devoured the birthday cake. It's kinda like a diet but not really. It's just getting back to the basics. Our staple dinner of chicken and vegetables. It did help us lose significant poundage in the past but that's beside the point. My point is that I have to try different ways to make chicken and vegetables exciting. Just ask my daughter about these dinners. She'll tell you which ones are exciting. :)
So tonight I made a new favorite for me and Wade. See for yourself here: Chicken Encilantrada
Chicken Encilantrada Recipe
 Better is to test it yourself.  The only modification I made was I had about 1/4 cup of instant rice at the end and let it boil in so that it wasn't so runny.  I ate it plain and Wade wrapped it in a tortilla with some salsa.  DELISH!
Hope you try it, it sure tasted better than any of the Mexican restaurants here....this just isn't Idaho, no good Mexican restaurants.  In fact it is a bit of a culture shock, not having any Mexicans around here. I do miss that food, but I'm learning how to make that...and Chinese food. 
Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
I made Mandarin Orange Chicken the other day.  That was also DELISH.  With a side of fried rice that I wasn't impressed with...I want to try that one again.  I guess when you are stuck in a town where the best restaurant (Applebee's) is the one you are told to avoid because it is crowded and there's terrible service, you just have to become your own gourmet restaurant!  So Welcome one, welcome all to Lex's Luscious Kitchen!  Sounds gourmet right?  Well we'll see. 
Bon Apetite!

1 comment:

  1. That Mandarin Orange Chicken sounds so good!!! I will definitely have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete