Friday, October 21, 2011

Do you have a PUWYLO friend?

This is El Arco in Cabo, Mexico. It is where the Pacific ocean and the Sea of Cortez connect through land.  Keep that in mind as you read this post.
 
(I actually took this picture when I went there with one of my PUWYLO friends.)
Have I intrigued you yet?  Well, I must say, I just came up with this acronym last night as I lay in bed at 8:30 to go to sleep.  Yes, 8:30!  It's a regular occurence at our home, but it's because my sweetheart wakes up at 4:45am to go to work, to get a head start on the day!  Bless his soul! That's early.  So sometimes, it is hard for me to go to sleep that early and I think a lot as I lay and listen to him snooze.  (some nights his snooze is louder than others...ugh, I don't like snoring).  But last night was quiet and I thought about what I might post on my blog today. 
And this is what I came up with:
a PUWYLO friend
This stands for Pick Up Where You Left Off friend. 
I have to just say, I'm am SOOO thanful for all my PUWYLO friends out there.  You probably know who you are!  I have friends from years and years ago that I don't regularly keep in touch with, BUT we have such an awesome friendship that we can just...pick up right where we left off however many years ago it was.  I can't fully express in words how sweet it is to have friends like that.  They don't get mad at you because you never call or you never visit.  They just understand that life gets crazy busy and then about 4 years later, you randomly email them and then call them the next day and talk for like 2 hours and it is so great!  It literally feels like we had been hanging out and talking the whole time, but obviously it had been awhile.
I just want to say if you have some PUWYLO friends out there, pick up the phone, facebook message them, shoot them a text (or in my case, I didn't even have one's number because it had been so long) or email them saying your thinking about them (even if you only began to think about them because you read this blog).
I can seriously count several friends, I would need more than my two hands to count them all, that are my PUWYLO friends.  Okay okay, I'll stop using that acronym, but they are exactly that.  I miss them all dearly but love to just catch up with them when both our crazy lives meet in the middle somehow and we find an hour in our lives to visit.  Even if it takes 10 years.  Which is what I did this last winter, I met a friend for hot chocolate that I have literally not seen since we were walking out the high school door of our all night after graduation party.  I just LOVE re-connecting with old friends.  It's sure fun.  Makes me feel all good inside.
Kind of like this picture made me feel, I took this picture at a stoplight in Provo years ago.
You know what else makes me feel all good inside??
THESE donuts or THESE BAKED donuts
But it's a different feel good...it's the kind that makes my tummy feel good inside me and then makes me gain a few pounds!  I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I sure would like to! Mmmmm

2 comments:

  1. You're totally one of mine! But I'm so glad that we do get to talk pretty regularly. Love you Lex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lex! I'll be honest: this totally made me tear up (I'm blaming it on hormones, though (; ). I am so glad we have that special friendship, and that we both "get it". I miss you and I can't wait to see you at Christmas! Viva Los Cabos!

    ReplyDelete