Make your very own granola!!
Yes that's right. I bought some yogurt a week ago and I was eating it at work, thinking how it would taste so much better with granola.
So.... I searched several sites looking for easy granola recipes. And.... I found one
I was amazed. What's better is I didn't have to spend a fortune on granola from the store. I mean, really, does your store have simple, cheap, tasty granola?? If it does, count yourself very lucky!! My stores have fancy schmancy organic granola with weird seeds I've never even heard of. Or I have to buy the granola cereals which taste more like cereal and less like granola. All I wanted was the granola like you get from McDonalds with your fruit and yogurt parfait. But here, going to McDonalds is an all day adventure. It's the busiest MickeyDee's in the country!
My husband was a little hesitant, you see, "granola" to him has negative connotation. No offense to you Subaru driving folks! ;) just kidding! I love you all!! So to Wow him, I grabbed our last yogurt and put it in a bowl with granola and..... he was wowed!! I love surprising my hubby. He gave me a bite and Autumn a bite, then he wouldn't let us eat anymore...he was kinda being selfish (but I liked it because it meant he REALLY liked it! Success!)
Well my ramblings are finally coming to an end now folks. Go grab your oats, honey, oil, brown sugar, little cinnamon, little salt and you've got yourself some super easy and DELISH granola!
Sidenote: somehow when I was measuring out my cinnamon, and I seriously don't know how this happened, I dumped WAY more than it called for in the recipe. It was very cinnamony, but not too bad. I would actually just put the 1/2 t. or t. that it calls for...not the 1/4 a cup I accidentally dumped in. :( haha.
Well, I'm off to get my 9:45 snack...guess what it is???
Raspberry yogurt with...GRANOLA!
YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment