I got a cold last Friday that lasted a short time but now I'm dealing with this wretched Cough!! I have been living off cough drops to settle down the coughing fits. You know when you get a tickle in your throat and you can't stop coughing??? Yup, that's how it's been for five days straight. I try numbing it with the spray. I try breathing the vapor rub. I suck on the strongest, grossest cough drops known to man. And I drink water like crazy. The Nasty fisherman's friend cough drops help a little. I'm just annoyed with it now. It's to the point where everyone in my office knows when I'm here and they come to see if I'm okay. On the up side, one coworker did come in and now I think, after talking to her, that I need to be sipping on warm stuff. Off to get honey and lemon juice for my hot water.
Well, after writing this post...I went down to the mail room (on my way to get the honey and lemon juice) and one of our nurses was there. She diagnosed me with "take a day off, your sick" sickness.
So...I went home, after going to the pharmacy and having the nice pharmacist load me up on the goods.
I took Nyquil, Extra strength Mucinex and Vitamin C and slept from 10:30am-1:30pm, ate a banana and went back to sleep till 4pm.
Just what I needed!
Today I'm at work with JUST cough drops, took a Claritin D, have gatorade and water...I'm feeling good.
Much better day.
Although it was raining today and I SO just wanted to stay in bed. I took Autumn to school right after a crazy DOWNPOUR. And we were literally driving in a foot of water. She was kinda freaking out and kept saying, "are we going to SINK??" It was funny. But the road was a river, one of the houses had the water flowing up onto the front lawn and there were wakes in the water hitting my car and the passing minivans. It was a little wild. So I pulled up to the curb and told Autumn to jump! She stood in the car and lept for the sidewalk. :)
Good times in ND!
And thankful that I am not coughing my brains out today!
Don't Drown! And Get Better Sleeza!
ReplyDelete